To reduce the amount of plastic waste going to the landfills we are:
- Eradicating single-use bottled water onsite
- Implementing eco-cups at the craft beer village, food vendors, and water filling stations to replace single-use disposable plastic cups. Festival-goers will be able to pay a small deposit for a cup they can use anywhere on festival grounds. This deposit can be reimbursed with the return of the cup. Or they can keep the branded cup as a keepsake, use it at other festivals, and bring it next year!
- Connecting to municipal water mains for mobile filling station at main site
- Offering stainless steel bottles in lead up to, and during the festival week
- Offering 3-way waste division at all major event locations
To avoid supporting an unfair and inhumane production processes we are:
- Upcycling our 2016 t-shirts to make a new product that's exciting for you and stands out as year 3
- Purchasing 100% organic natural material, fair trade, ethically produced merchandise for our artists, staff, and for resale
- Implementing policies that encourage other local businesses and festivals to initiate eco-minded models as well
- Offering hands-on workshops on trade and globalization for ages through the University of Inspire
To share our passion with you we are:
- Decorating site with educational signage for all ages
- Training staff and volunteers on the eco-fest model so they can answer all your questions throughout the week
- Hosting a series of environmental education workshops throughout the week as part of the University of Inspire
Join the Movement!
- Bring your own water bottle onto site to avoid buying unnecessary plastic
- Rideshare! We’ve partnered with our friends at Kangaride this year for those of you from outside of our awesome city - hook up with your new friends here!
- Walk, bike, trick your way to the festival! It’s better for the environment, your health, and your social life. If you don’t have a bike you can rent one from La Bikery Cooperative on the waterfront Downtown Moncton
- Bring your own bag for the vendors village as they won’t be giving out plastic OR get your own Inspire loves earth tote at selected mural locations throughout the week
Our Partners in the Movement