To reduce the amount of plastic waste going to the landfills we are:
- Eradicating single-use bottled water onsite
- Implementing eco-cups at the craft beer village, food vendors, and water filling stations to replace single-use disposable plastic cups. Festival-goers will be able to pay a small deposit for a cup they can use anywhere on festival grounds. This deposit can be reimbursed with the return of the cup. Or they can keep the branded cup as a keepsake, use it at other festivals, and bring it next year!
- Connecting to municipal water mains for mobile filling station at main site
- Offering 3-way waste division at all major event locations
To avoid supporting an unfair and inhumane production processes we are:
- Rethink the way merchandize is thought of by providing festival goers with a unique possibility have a little something Inspiring printed on their own clothes or on our past editions t-shirts
- Purchasing 100% organic natural material, fair trade, ethically produced merchandise for our artists, staff, and for resale
- Implementing policies that encourage other local businesses and festivals to initiate eco-minded models as well
- Offering hands-on workshops on trade and globalization for ages at our HQ
To share our passion with you we are:
- Decorating site with educational signage for all ages
- Training staff and volunteers on the eco-fest model so they can answer all your questions throughout the week
- Hosting a series of environmental education workshops throughout the week as part of the University of Inspire
- Creating opportunities for discussion by partnering with local associations pushing for green initiatives, and start talks in our community.
- Partnering with great movements like “Green Drinks” or “Repair café”; so that the momentum continues after the festival ends!
Join the Movement!
- Bring your own water bottle onto site to avoid buying unnecessary plastic
- Rideshare! We’ve partnered with our friends at Kangaride this year for those of you from outside of our awesome city - hook up with your new friends here!
- Walk, bike, trick your way to the festival! It’s better for the environment, your health, and your social life. If you don’t have a bike you can rent one from La Bikery Cooperative on the waterfront Downtown Moncton
- Bring your own bag to the Bazaart as th vendors wont be giving out plastic OR get your own Inspire tote bag at selected locations throughout the week
- Take part in the discussion by attending our Green Drink event at the Sputnik dome or by visiting of our partners booth at the Bazaart